Gameplay video of upcoming Soulslike Lords of the Fallen released alongside final PC specs

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Lords of the Fallen, the successor to one of the better Soulslikes from the mid-2010s, has had its beefy PC system requirements slightly updated. The developer has also released an 18-minute gameplay-with-voice-over video of the upcoming game, and it looks quite promising.

Publisher CI Games released the PC system specs for Lords of the Fallen back in May, a good few months ahead of its October 13 release date. Like many modern titles, the Unreal 5-powered game has some demanding requirements, including an RTX 2080 just to play it at 1080p.

Now, the Lords of the Fallen Steam page has been updated slightly. The recommended specs remain the same, but the minimum specs have been increased: the 8 GB minimum requirement has been upped to 12 GB.

The rest of the minimum specs are unchanged, including a strong recommendation that the game is played from an SSD and not an HDD. The latter is still supported, though, as is DX11. You'll also need at least an Intel i5-8400/Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1060/Radeon RX 590 for 720p Low Quality Settings.

For those who want High Quality Settings, and this is just at 1080p, need at least an Intel i7 8700/Ryzen 5 3600 and an RTX 2080/Radeon RX 6700, while an SSD becomes a necessity. That's quite hefty, but still better than something like Plague Tale: Requiem, which asks for an RTX 3070 for 1080p.

One area where Lords of the Fallen fares better than a lot of other new AAA games is storage space. The 45 GB of required space is comparatively small compared to Forspoken (150 GB), Diablo 4 (90 GB), Atomic Heart (90 GB), and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (130 GB).

Minimum Specs:

• Processor: intel i5 8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 6GBs VRAM | Nvidia GTX 1060 | AMD Radeon RX 590
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 45 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: 720p Low Quality Settings | SSD (Preferred) | HDD (Supported)

Recommended Specs:

• Processor: intel i7 8700 | AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 8GBs VRAM | Nvidia RTX 2080 | AMD Radeon RX 6700
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 45 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: 1080p High Quality Settings | SSD Required

Developer HexWorks has also released an 18-minute gameplay/voiceover video of what players can expect to experience in Lords of the Fallen. It showcases the dual-world mechanic, which gives you the chance to come back to life after your character is killed, and some of the enemies you'll face. It looks pretty good, and hard, naturally.

Permalink to story.

Back