Games Crash upon Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batmaniac

I recently installed FEAR and the game itself was working fine except when I tried to exit the game, which would cause my desktop to crash and force a manual reboot. This was the only game which I've played that caused this problem, so I decided to update to the latest drivers for my 7600GT (91.xx). After doing so, not only did I find the problem was not solved, but it began to occur when exited Beyond Good and Evil as well (which never happened before).

So after doing some research, I found that if you disable shadows in FEAR, this problem may go away. I did so, and found that it did go away. But a few exits later it came back. Then I tried again and it was fine. At this point, I'm quite frustrated. Everywhere I look says that it is a driver problem. But I've found people complaining about it with their MX400s and 12.xx drivers as well as people complaing with 81.xx drivers.

I don't want to try random archived drivers until I find one that is stable (or at least appears to be stable, like it did when I first turned off shadows).

If anybody has heard of this problem before and knows of either a concrete solution, or just has an idea as to how I could fix this, I would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are:

2.8 Ghz P4 with HT
7600GT currently with latest 91.47 forceware
1GB DDR2 RAM

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just tried to run Nethack Falcon's Eye and it happened when the game exited again. It seems to be doing this with any fullscreen game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back