Games lag after laptop incident

I used to run games on my laptop great until something happened with the bios and my laptop had to get wiped and windows reinstalled. I used to be able to play games like Skyrim at 60fps on high settings, now with lowest settings I can't get it to run at 5fps. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Specs- (Razer Blade Pro)

Processor -
Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Quad Core
Processor with Hyper Threading
2.4GHz / 3.4GHz (Base/Turbo)

Memory
8GB Dual Channel DDR3

Graphics and Video
Intel® HD4600
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 765M
2GB GDDR5, with Optimus Technology)

Storage
128GB / 256GB / 512GB SATA III SSD

Can you give details of what happened with the bios and why you had to re-install Windows? What is the exact model of your laptop? Did you attempt to fix it or did someone else?

It sounds to me like you maybe using the on board video versus your GTX 765. Might have to make sure the Nvidia drivers are installed and check the bios to see what is the default video adapter.

Can you give details of what happened with the bios and why you had to re-install Windows? What is the exact model of your laptop? Did you attempt to fix it or did someone else?

I'm actually not sure what exactly happened. I know that something put a password on the bios, I didn't know the password so I took it to the shop to get it repaired. They guy who repaired it said that it was something related to linux. '

Here's a link to the laptop page http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-pro-2013

It sounds to me like you maybe using the on board video versus your GTX 765. Might have to make sure the Nvidia drivers are installed and check the bios to see what is the default video adapter.

I'm pretty sure that the Nvidia is the default video card. How do I check just in case?

Back