Kserijaro

Hello!
I have a friend with next PC config:

Intel Core2Duo E4400
MB Gigabyte P35 DS3
Kingston 2Gb RAM DDR2
Gigabyte Nvidia 8600GTS 256Mb

His problem is:
When he run older games (like Prince of Persia I,II,III;Painkiller;and sort of older games) it works too fast. When he sets affinity of working CPUs (turning one CPU off) for that certain game, after returning to it, it works fine,but in most cases game crashes after random amount of time.
So we were both considering how to fix this problem, and I dont know if it is hardware or software problem. Please help!

Thanks in advance

Well you could workarounds it by downloading this: LINK
Scan it if you like.

It decreases the speed of games, it could also increase the speed. The game should be less likely to crash if you have it set to a lower number.(below the normal)

When the game is launched, ALT-TAB back to the desktop, launch the Task Manager, find the game's process, remove one of the CPU cores in the process' affinity & then ALT-TAB back to your game.

Try playing new games. Changing affinity shouldn't do anything for single-threaded games. I suppose you could underclock. Worse case, go buy a cheap PIII or something.

Yes we did the afinity thing but games still crash when one CPU is turned off.But here is the core of my friends problem:I have Core2Quad 2,4GHz(and he has Core2Duo which is slower) and i have a 640Mb graphick card and he has 256 MB one.The same older games that run too fast to controll on his PC ,work perfectly normal(without me having to switch 3 CPUs off) so,why would 2 cores show faster game then 4?I know my sistem is good,i dont know what the other problem.E.g. i have 2 as his PC and games run fine.When he turns it on it is as u player fast farward ...u should see the hair movement....LIKE SPIKES!so..how can we fix this?

Hm....you may be right,something like Sound forge and a silent movie XD.I will tell my friend this.Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back