Games slowing down. what's the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Danny

Hey everybody, can anyone advise on this situation. when i play games like warcraft or halo, and there are like, a lot of people on screen or a lot of events are happening or its getting real graphic intense, my game lags pretty badly. I'm not sure what exactly is causing this.
Is it the processor? I have a 2.8Ghz presario
Is it the RAM? I have 256
Is it the graphics card? ATI Mobility Radeion 9000 IGP w/ 128mb capacity.

Note, for memonry i currently have 32 allocated to video card and the other 224 to system.

So i have now a couple of questions. When playing games, is it more important to have higher video memory or higher system memory, will turning down the system memory amount affect gameplay? Also, how good is 128mb video card memory? I am now considering buying a 512 or 256 RAM upgrade, but I need to essentially know how important the two different RAM allocations are before I decide which one is really necessary. if the system memory is not as important, then only 256 upgrade would be needed...? :dead:

Hello Welcome to Techspot

First 2.8Ghz presario Presario is a brand name of a Compaq computer is your 2.8 a Intel or a Celeron?

Hey bud we are talking laptop here correct???

You really cannot turn up the video memory up much becuse you really do not have a lot of system memory to work with.

Lap tops are great things but really not designed to play games on unless you want to invest upwards of 3000$ on a alienware or other gamming laptop Dont get me wrong some laptops play games well but if you really like gamming and want something portable i go with a Fragbox or soemthing along those lines.Probbly right now if you got some more memory you could probbly turn your video memory up but only after you get more memory.

Hope this helps you.

Anonymous Danny said:
Is it the graphics card? ATI Mobility Radeion 9000 IGP w/ 128mb capacity.

Anonymous Danny said:
Note, for memonry i currently have 32 allocated to video card and the other 224 to system.

You have a graphics card, so why are you sharing system memory.
1. Make sure your running the latest game patches.
2. Make sure you have no spyware,adaware or viruses.
3. Try running a de-frag, disc clean up, and un-installing unused programs, this always helps speed up a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back