Gaming Comp Processor Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up guys as you can see im a new to PC gaming. Im ready to buy a gaming computer but wanted to know if it is really necessary to spend the extra money for a dual processing card (i was gonna go with the AMD anthlon 64 X2 4200) Will this make a impresive improvment in the gaming perfomance of the comp? Im not into multitasking. The computer will be more for gaming or surfing the web and a little music downloading. It will have the NVidia nforce 4 sli chipstet MB w/ dual 16x pci express and (2) NVidia Geforce 6800 xt 256mb DDR3 Powered by Xmdia. What Processor would you recomend. Mater of fact its Cyberpowerinc's Gamer Ultra SLI Elite computer its in the new "Computer Shopper" magazine on page 40. All answer will be appreciated. :)

hi

if you are only going to use it for gaming then there is no need to buy a dual core CPU (yet, eventually all games will probably be coded for multicores)
So you are probably better of getting a FX-55/57... if you can afford it of course.

Personally I bought a dual core, though I am a gamer, I thought that the processor would stay with me for a while so wanted to make it future "proof" (if there is such a thing) also my thoughts was also that there is always something else, apart from the game, using up processing power like teamspeak etc so it is still a good idea to have dual core.

But back to your original question, no it wont make any difference to the actual game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back