Gaming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok foir a while now iv been having trouble gaming. I know its a hardware problem but what it is i have know idea, I say i know its a hardware problem because ive reformatted several times mainly with vista but im on windows 7 now and im still havin crashes that basically make whatever sound in the game at the time loop and i have no picture on my monitor and then have to turn off the pc then start it up again.....restarting will boot my system but still no picture.

This happens in 90% of newer games

a few that work fine are counterstrike source, burnout paradise and racedriver grid

some games that dont work fine

Battlefield 2, Last remnant and Fallout 3

The games will run fine for like an hour or so although the actual time changes each time and can happen in really intensive moments where theres lots or characters on the screen or just me running down an empty hallway

here are my specs

MSI K9AGM2-L Socket AM2
AMD Athlon X2 5000+ runnign at standard 2.66ghz
Corsair 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory
Arctic Power 700W PSU
Point of view Nvidia 8800gt 512mb
Realtek 5.1 hd audio(onboard)

Running Windows 7 but was happening on vista aswell

Personally as a guess id say its either my psu or gpu that is the problem......but i dont want to go spending quite a bit of money on a nice replacement and still have the same problem

hi phil,
this rather obvious but when you say 'reformatted' do you mean the HDD, or are you talking about the VGA drivers?

i mean hard drive

but.....

i think i may have solved the problem myself, i installed ntune and saw my gpu was running at around 70 degrees c just after playing and crashin out of fallout. i thought wow thats hot and so i set the fan speed myself to 100% and was playing fallout tonight for quite a while with no troubles...i guess it was a heat problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back