TechSpot

Gataca

By gataca
Jun 18, 2009
  1. Does anybody know if an emachine h5212 mobo is an atx form? Any help much appreciated.

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

Almost certainly not, emachine motherboards are generally downsized from full sized ATX boards, though what you are planning may work anyway. The difference between ATX, uATX, and mATX is small, so why do you ask?

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Its a micro ATX board... 2 PCI slots

4. gataca

gataca TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am asking because I wanted to change my mobo in my computer and others opinions.
    Thanks for getting back to me.

5. Tmagic650

Just purchase a micro ATX, 2 PCI slot motherboard, and match the CPU, Memory and power supply to the new board. It will fit fine...

6. hellokitty[hk]

I'm not sure if a full sized ATX will fit in an emachine.

You will want to check the emachines site if they have compatability specifications, which they might not, and/or measure your case size. The largest ATX boards are normally 12 x 9.6, so you will want about a square foot for a new ATX motherboard.

For no reason? Keep in mind you could keep your motherboard, or just buy another mATX or uATX.

7. Tmagic650

A standard ATX supply will fit into the eMachine. This is not "rocket science"... I have gutted many eMachines over the last few years

8. hellokitty[hk]

mATX and uATX is cheaper, and can do most everything an ATX can do, except support high end systems.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.