Gateway ML6720 wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a Gateway Laptop, ML6720 that died suddenly yesterday. I was able to get it on for a few minutes earlier today by removing the battery and AC, holding down the power button for 30 seconds and reconnecting it but after a few minutes, it shut off again and wont turn back on. The battery meter said it was low, like 2 % and was not charging it even though it was plugged in. I cannot get it to turn on with it just plugged in without the battery, either. I'm guessing this means I need a new AC or Battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my daughters Christmas present from last year so it's not even a year old yet!
Thanks in advance!
Tiffany

Try without Battery in
Also confirm nothing is connected to the laptop

If it is less than a year old, this is where support may stop, ie Warranty

I tried without the battery and nothing happens. When the battery is in and I have it plugged into the outlet, I get a few flashes of red where the battery light is but it wont turn on. I didn't buy it for my daughter, it was a gift from her sister so I'm trying to get the receipt to see if it qualifies for any type of warranty. But I'm guessing all I need is a new power cord since nothing is happening when it's plugged in without the battery. I hope that's all it is!
Thanks for your reply! :)

same problem

have same problem sorry posted new thread . Have a gateway mx6124 got a new powerr cord and when i plug in red light than nothing if i take out battery nothing. i will try taking out battery and holding button for thirty to see what happens. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back