TechSpot

Gateway ML6720 wont turn on

By tandrboo
Oct 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    I have a Gateway Laptop, ML6720 that died suddenly yesterday. I was able to get it on for a few minutes earlier today by removing the battery and AC, holding down the power button for 30 seconds and reconnecting it but after a few minutes, it shut off again and wont turn back on. The battery meter said it was low, like 2 % and was not charging it even though it was plugged in. I cannot get it to turn on with it just plugged in without the battery, either. I'm guessing this means I need a new AC or Battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my daughters Christmas present from last year so it's not even a year old yet!
    Thanks in advance!
    Tiffany
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Try without Battery in
    Also confirm nothing is connected to the laptop

If it is less than a year old, this is where support may stop, ie Warranty
  3. tandrboo

tandrboo TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried without the battery and nothing happens. When the battery is in and I have it plugged into the outlet, I get a few flashes of red where the battery light is but it wont turn on. I didn't buy it for my daughter, it was a gift from her sister so I'm trying to get the receipt to see if it qualifies for any type of warranty. But I'm guessing all I need is a new power cord since nothing is happening when it's plugged in without the battery. I hope that's all it is!
    Thanks for your reply! :)
  4. deseraligears

deseraligears TS Enthusiast Posts: 155

same problem

have same problem sorry posted new thread . Have a gateway mx6124 got a new powerr cord and when i plug in red light than nothing if i take out battery nothing. i will try taking out battery and holding button for thirty to see what happens. Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.