I hope this is the proper area for posting this question. I have a Gateway laptop mx7525. I'm having problems with charging it. I thought it was the charger have tested it with my volt meter and it puts out 18.6v I thought it was a bad battery and have replaced. Still no luck. When it charges the yellow charging indicater on the front edge of the laptop is supposed to turn to blue when the battery is fully charged and it doesn't. If I leave it charging long enough (3-4 hrs) it starts flashing. I turn on the computer and it shuts off after a few moments. If I take the battery out plug it into AC power and turn it on it somtimes turns on and stays on for about 30 minutes, but latley its now only for a few seconds. I have also tried "recalibrating the battery" as Gateway suggested and had no luck. Now it seems as if its a part of the internals that senses the battery/AC power and tells the computer what to do, thats malfunctioning. The question I have is on the MX7525 gateway laptop is it a separate board that controls this or is it built into the motherboard? Or is it somthing totaly different and I have no clue what I talking about? Thanks in advance.