ge force fx 5200

By ill-frosty
Jul 7, 2003
  1. im runnin a ge force fx 5200 right now and im planning on getting either a ge force 4 ti 4600 or a ge force fx 5200 ultra. any ideas? also i would like to ask if i would have to un-install any drivers from the fx 5200 so the new card would work properly. i have the newest det drivers and the ones that came with the card. which should i un-install if any? thx.
  2. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 325

The FX5200 ULTRA is a much more robust card than the non-ultra, though overpriced, IMO. Have you considered a Ti4200, they're going for less than $100US these days.

If it were me, I'd grab the Ti4200, or a good deal on a Ti4600...

Good luck:grinthumb

I woulld uninstall and re-install the drivers just to be safe, but it may not ne needed since they use the same driver-set.
  3. ill-frosty

ill-frosty TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx. so the ti 4200, is it better than the fx 5200 or what? if it isnt much better i think i'll go with the 4600.
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

The G4 Ti4200 is a more powerful card than the FX5200. the 5200 series is the replacement for the MX series of Cards the FX equivelent/replacement for the Ti 4200 is the FX 5600 ultra.
  5. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

Interesting. I didn't exactly know that.
  6. ill-frosty

thx for the input. i think im gonna save some money and get the ti 4200. :D
  7. ArchVileTRE

ArchVileTRE TS Rookie

if you dont want that fx 5200 mail it to me :)

Edited because of language

8. ill-frosty

good one :p naw i already took it back foo. and i'm about to go find another one today.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.