TechSpot

ge force fx 5200

By ill-frosty
Jul 7, 2003
  1. im runnin a ge force fx 5200 right now and im planning on getting either a ge force 4 ti 4600 or a ge force fx 5200 ultra. any ideas? also i would like to ask if i would have to un-install any drivers from the fx 5200 so the new card would work properly. i have the newest det drivers and the ones that came with the card. which should i un-install if any? thx.

2. PreservedSwine

PreservedSwine TS Rookie Posts: 375

The FX5200 ULTRA is a much more robust card than the non-ultra, though overpriced, IMO. Have you considered a Ti4200, they're going for less than $100US these days.

If it were me, I'd grab the Ti4200, or a good deal on a Ti4600...

Good luck:grinthumb

I woulld uninstall and re-install the drivers just to be safe, but it may not ne needed since they use the same driver-set.

3. ill-frosty

ill-frosty TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx. so the ti 4200, is it better than the fx 5200 or what? if it isnt much better i think i'll go with the 4600.

4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

The G4 Ti4200 is a more powerful card than the FX5200. the 5200 series is the replacement for the MX series of Cards the FX equivelent/replacement for the Ti 4200 is the FX 5600 ultra.

5. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 1,040

Interesting. I didn't exactly know that.

6. ill-frosty

thx for the input. i think im gonna save some money and get the ti 4200. :D

7. ArchVileTRE

ArchVileTRE TS Rookie

if you dont want that fx 5200 mail it to me :)

Edited because of language

Mictlantecuhtli

8. ill-frosty

good one :p naw i already took it back foo. and i'm about to go find another one today.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.