GeForce 4 MX 440 memory size problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same problem as cherokee94 is having in this thread.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=10013

He states:

His video card is supposed to be 64MB , when he start his machine appear the videocard model, bios, and memory (64Mb)but inside display&adapter properties the Nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 tab states only 32MB... why??

Except my problem is that I have a 128 meg GeForce 4 MX 440 card and nVidia properties and everything else in Windows is telling me it says 32 megs. When my computer boots, the video BIOS states I have 128 megs of memory.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers, rebooting, running NVClean, re-installing the 53.03 drivers, rebooting, and I still have the same problem. I re-installed the latest DirectX from Microsoft's site as well.

I'm not quite sure what else I can do, hoping someone out there can help me out. Nothing is overclocked, and besides Windows not detecting the proper amount of memory, it's working fine. My system specs are:

Windows 2000 (All Windows Updates)
P-III 850 100mhz bus
256 Ram @ 100mhz
Mobo: Abit BE-6 II
Card is running at AGP 2x, max for my mobo.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

I figured it out. I'm not positive what I did to fix this, but I'm pretty sure this did it. The trick was to install an older nVidia driver set. I believe it was a 43.xx version. After that the card detected 128 megs without a problem in windows, I was able to upgrade my drivers to 53.03, and everything still works pefectly.

If anyone else is having this problem and this doesn't fix it, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

Same problem

I'm having the same problem as the first guy.. I have the 64mb MX 440, that thinks that it's a 32mb card.

I'm downloading the old 43.xx drivers now to see if it works.

Hopefully this week I will be getting the 6800 OC anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back