GeForce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard the Duck

I'm looking for a way to buy a GeForce 6200 driver that will run both Black and White 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 5.

What version should I get that will both work effeciently and be the cheapest possible? Where should I buy it - either online or (preferably) in a store?

You want to buy a driver?

They're available for free at Nvidia's site. You know, the "Forceware" drivers....

wolfram said:
You want to buy a driver?

They're available for free at Nvidia's site. You know, the "Forceware" drivers....

Well... I'm not really a techspot kind of guy... I was just looking to buy the driver... but I had no idea I could download it!

Thanks a lot wolfram. I'm downloading it now, and I'm going to see if it will run my games. Thanks again.

Hmm - it didn't work. It said that none of the drivers were compatible with my hardware... maybe I'm referring to this the wrong way? I guess I'm looking for the graphics card GeForce 6200 - whatever the actual hardware is that will be compatible with the games.

I've actually gone to the Intel site before and tried updating my Intel card, but every update program I've tried always fails. I download the installation exe and then run it, and it works for a few steps, but then says that the driver can't be installed, despite the fact that I'm using the updater that's supposed to work with my card.

I've tried a bunch of different update programs for my Intel 82865G, but none have worked thus far.

That's why I wanted to buy a GeForce 6200 card. I was hoping my Intel could be updated to run both games, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've heard that the GeForce 6200 can run these games fairly well, and I was looking for a good place to buy the card in Canada.

I guess I worded the question the wrong way though - drivers are different than cards, and I must have put this thread in the wrong subforum (Device Drivers). I didn't know where else to ask this question, and I thought I was supposed to get a driver, but I guess I should refer to this hardware as a graphics card instead.

Nevertheless thank you very much for trying to help. I really don't know accurate computer lingo very well. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back