GeForce 8800 GTS (G92) Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrduck1997

I am getting ready to purchase the GeForce 8800 (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130325 ) but I have a few questions about installation.

#1 From the picture, I see it requires to use a power cable for extra power. I know one part goes in the back of the card itself, but where does the other half go? I don't see any port like that on my motherboard or PSU.

#2 I know it also has to use a PCI express 6pin cable. My harddrive uses one currently, does this mean I need another for the graphics card as well?

On a side note, I'm also getting a new PSU. Is the installation simply plugging stuff in where the previous PSU sockets were, or is it more complicated? (I've checked to make sure the main connecter matches the mobo)

the newegg link does not work so I can not see what u are asking about the card. as war as the psu, yes just plug in as the first is, and the plug on the video card are not the same as the hard drive.

You take 2, 4 pin molex connectors from your power supply and plug both into the female ends of the cord that comes with the graphics card, then the 6 pin molex connector plugs into the graphics card. Or if your power supply has a 6 pin connector you can plug it straight into the graphics card.

Installation is simple, it will look just like the inside of your computer atm. Plug it into your motherboard, and into the cpu power socket if you have one, and into your graphics card, then plug it into all of your peripherals; CD drive, hard drive, etc.

Attachments

• khlhl.JPG
    khlhl.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back