Geforce FX Available At The End of Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

According to The Inquirer, here, Club-3D will introduce a GeForce FX card by the end of the month, the firm confirmed on Monday.

The long awaited NV30 card will have features including 128-bit DDR II memory and a claimed memory speed of 1000MHz. I can feel Unreal Tournament 2003 running faster even as we speak.

The card will be available in 128MB and 256MB configurations. I bet you will pay through the nose for them, though.

You forgot "And the new, incredible DustBuster© technology"...:D

Too bad it doesn't say if it's the GFFX ultra or vanilla...

From all I've read, I think there will be two versions of the FX, one Ultra, with a clockspeed of 500Mhz, and memory at 1Ghz (500mhz DDR-II), and one Vanilla with a slower clockspeed...

But I've yet to find out what clockspeed the vanilla is going to run @...

But I guess we'll find out soon enough...

I saw something about a european company promising FX (256 MB version) for sale on Jan 22 the price in US Dollars was 750.00
even if the price is lower once it launches in the US more than likely it will still be TWICE the price of what you can buy a Radeon 9700 Pro.

I'm not surprised if they do release the FX at twice the 9700pro price..

The important thing for Nvidia now is to release a part which outperforms the 9700pro, even if the price is so high noone but bleeding edge/nvidia fans will buy it...
For as long as they hold the performance crown, people are more likely to buy an nvidia based card than an ATI based card...

.02$

seems odd that with all the claims of FX cards being on the shelves in a couple of weeks there is yet to surface any reveiws of a working retail card. in fact I have yet to see even a pic of a retail card. the only pic I have seen is the one of the engineering sample that doesnt even have a heatsink on it.

hehe they shoulda named it the Loch Ness FX

iss> LOL!

Veh> R350 (improved version of R300 core) to be released if the FX really does crush the 9700pro...
It's manufactured at .15

Not to be confused with the RV350 which is ATI's first .13 part, which is targeted at the mainstream market (from what I can remember)

Just do a google search on those to codenames and you'll find lots of speculation on them...
But be warned, lots of sites keep on confusing the R350 with the RV350...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back