TechSpot

GeForce GT 610

By JN_MARC28
Aug 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Whats up guys?..I have a question,im building my first pc and I wanted to know if this graphic card (geforcegt610) can support tripple monitors, I see it has 3 different outputs like,vga,hdmi and dvi.Im not really big on pc gaming so I wont do much gaming most likely music production or video editing..best buy have a good sale on video cards and I saw this one for 40 bucks,is it worth buying?

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,558   +2,900

Quote found here - http://hardforum.com/showpost.php

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

A GT610 is cheap. It is nothing to do with Best Buy. The 610 will be horrible for video editing since it is a VERY low end GPU. If you arent gonna be gaming, the ATI FirePro V4900 is a better buy for your needs. The 610 is fine, but will struggle if you do video editing.

4. JN_MARC28

JN_MARC28 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok what would you recommend for video editing and music production?.

5. Jad Chaar

ATI FirePro V4900.

6. JN_MARC28

The ati firepro v4900 is ddr5 my motherboard only support ddr3

7. Jad Chaar

The GPU is separate from the CPU/motherboard. The CPU uses the DDR3, and the GPU (a completely different processor) uses the DDR5.

Since we got that out of the way, what is your budget? I can get you an even higher end card if you want. What are your system specs?

8. JN_MARC28

Ohh I didnt know that..I thought everything has to match,I know you like "rookie" lol...as far as budget goes I was thinking about 150 is the highest I can afford...I have an asus p5g41t-m lx

9. Jad Chaar

What CPU and OS do you have?

10. JN_MARC28

I havent bought it yet because im waiting to get pay but the cpu that I had in mind was the intel q8300 core quad processor with window 7 ultimate 64 bit..so far I have are the case,power supply 600w,cd rom,motherboard,8gb ddr3 ram.

11. Jad Chaar

Sounds fine.

12. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Well, nobody needs the "ultimate" version of any Windows product (IMHO), and the Q8300 is a relic.It's from 3 generations ago, (at least ?). Socket LGA775 is extinct in the wild. How long have you had these parts?:confused:

As to your original question, the 610 graphics card, isn't even as good as the CPU integrated graphics in the current generation of Intel "Core" processors.

So, is this an "upgrade" or a "build"?