GeForce vs Radeon: Best Value GPUs Right Now

Great analysis. I was stupid enough to buy a 6700xt when it cost around 1k, a few months later was half that price in my country. Nevertheless, it's good to see that at least I made a wise choice buying this card instead other that would have cost me a lot more and aren't as fast as the 6700xt in rasterization.

Great analysis. I was stupid enough to buy a 6700xt when it cost around 1k, a few months later was half that price in my country. Nevertheless, it's good to see that at least I made a wise choice buying this card instead other that would have cost me a lot more and aren't as fast as the 6700xt in rasterization.
I bought a 6800xt for about $1300 so I feel ya. But then I also got almost $750 for my 5700xt so I guess it evens it out a little.

I exchanged my 5700xt +50€ VS a 6700xt brand new to a miner at the start of the scam... sorry crypto boom nearly 2years ago I think, when it was 900€+ in stores... so I paid 50€ for a decent upgrade, I don't think I made a bad deal ...

"1440p"? WTF. Just say the resolution.
1440p IS the resolution! To be exacting its 2560x1440. In the same way that 1080p is 1920x1080p. 720p is 1280x720. There's a clear and obvious pattern. One that is commonly assumed to be known by the most general of layman. And almost certainly assumed to be known by those reading this type of article on this type of website. Therefore it does NOT need to be fully said. As 1440p will suffice!

Newegg is having a sale and the prices are in a freefall. Eg. 3090ti is selling for $1539
3080ti for $999
6700xt for $449
3090 for $1449
6900xt for $779
FYI
Make sure you do your research especially if you can get a new card cheaper than used. Shedding light on cheaper prices for potential buyers should put pressure on others to lower prices even further!

It's amazing how well my RX 570 (main computer) and RX 470 (B/U Computer) have held up for basic computing and gaming that doesn't involve FPS (still love Civ series (CPU more important in single player) and many old Steam games like Puzzle Quest and Galactrix). Also, with 16 GB RAM and Ryzen 5 3600 (at less than $200) make a great computer when using Video Editors to strip out credits from recorded or ripped movies and TV Shows.

What is the conclusion of this article? It is one of the worst pieces of journalism as it fails to be clear, concise and answer the question it raises.

The object of this wasted time should have been to be able to recommend the best choice in terms of value for each of the resolutions.

The writer has failed miserably.
- that model is not good
- that other model we can't recommend
- this model can't be compared properly with this model

I can't see the value in none of this chips unless the prices go below msrp at least 30 percent, and the reason is that next generation is here and also the milking of the last 2 years ..the end

I know that I WAY overpaid for my RX 6800 XT but I wanted an original reference model. I just wanted it because ATi has used those friggin' blowers since the HD 2900 XT (or earlier). :laughing:

The object of this wasted time should have been to be able to recommend the best choice in terms of value for each of the resolutions.
Well, it is there.
"Best Value GPU at 1080p
Just as we saw in April, the best value GPU for 1080p gaming is the AMD Radeon RX 6600."
"Best Value GPU at 1440p
For 1440p gaming we can compare the higher end models, although the overall positioning of each card hasn't changed much relative to the 1080p data. The RX 6600 is still the best value GPU in terms of cost per frame"
[HEADING=1]"Best Value GPU at 4K[/HEADING]
Moving up to 4K gaming, we see Nvidia RTX 30 GPUs move up the charts as their performance scales better at higher resolutions than AMD's. While the RX 6700 XT is the outright leader in cost per frame..."

Great, can't wait for your GTX 1630 review.
I really don't understand the point of the GTX 1630, especially today. Well, since the GTX 1660 is already borderline useless, I'll go out on a limb and guess that the GTX 1630 will be like the GT 730, essentially a display adapter. :laughing:
I exchanged my 5700xt +50€ VS a 6700xt brand new to a miner at the start of the scam... sorry crypto boom nearly 2years ago I think, when it was 900€+ in stores... so I paid 50€ for a decent upgrade, I don't think I made a bad deal ...
Not bad at all. I'd say that you both scored because the 5700 XT is a better miner than the 6700 XT but gaming-wise, the opposite is (of course) true. :D
I think that the card is obnoxious overpriced for the features and specs it comes with.
This makes no sense to me. To which card do you refer? 🤨
What is the conclusion of this article? It is one of the worst pieces of journalism as it fails to be clear, concise and answer the question it raises.

The writer has failed miserably.
- that model is not good
- that other model we can't recommend
- this model can't be compared properly with this model
I agree that the article doesn't give a good conclusion but the problem is that different people want different things. Some people think that ray-tracing matters while others (like me) don't. Some care about DLSS and FSR while others (like me) don't.

At the same time, some of us want to know what THEY would do in our shoes and they failed to take a stance.

Last edited:
Well, it is there.
"Best Value GPU at 1080p
Just as we saw in April, the best value GPU for 1080p gaming is the AMD Radeon RX 6600."
"Best Value GPU at 1440p
For 1440p gaming we can compare the higher end models, although the overall positioning of each card hasn't changed much relative to the 1080p data. The RX 6600 is still the best value GPU in terms of cost per frame"
[HEADING=1]"Best Value GPU at 4K[/HEADING]
Moving up to 4K gaming, we see Nvidia RTX 30 GPUs move up the charts as their performance scales better at higher resolutions than AMD's. While the RX 6700 XT is the outright leader in cost per frame..."
I think that he wanted to know what the author would choose overall, something that the article doesn't indicate.

I'm not sure there is a meaningful difference between Nvidia's DLSS and AMD's FSR 2.0. Sure... you can point to Nvidia's better implementation of Ray-Tracing, but that is still a limited number of games. Otherwise, there is no point buying Nvidia's much more expensive hardware.
I'm sorry but in the AAA gaming world and next gen focus EVERYTHING about the Nvidia cards ABSOLUTELY is worth the price premium of around 10%

4k and high end features like ray tracing are only going to be more important as we move forward and no matter how much you want fsr 2.0 to be "equal" to dlss... It just isn't.

If your gaming at the standards of a decade ago and don't care about future games and supporting more of their next gen features then sure amd is great.... But to me if I wanted mid tier or lower gaming I'd just get a console.

PC to me... Is where you go when you want the absolute best and that is only an option with Nvidia higher end 4k focus cards.

The 3090 and above isn't needed or realistic but the 3080?

It's the perfect "middle ground" of being cost effective and yet fully "next gen".

I had great experience over the last couple years with upgrades.

Had a 2080ti main card and rx 580 backup sold the 2080ti week or so before 3080 launched for $1025 and then landed a 3080 on launch day for $730 later I traded that card to a miner for a 3080ti straight up (he wanted a strcily best mining card)

I then sold my rx 580 for about $600 and bought a 3070 with that money.

Last I sold my 3080ti earlier this year right before the bubble burst for $1650.

I'm rocking a 3070 for the moment and have "banked" about $2000 to pay for next gen upgrade later this year.

After I secure a card ill sell the 3070 and bank that along with what's left from $2k after buying 4080 (or whatever "the best value high end" card ends up being) and likely have enough to do it all again the next upgrade 2 years later.

Great article but now is the perfect time to continue waiting. Prices and crypto are crashing, inventory is rising and the next gen is coming.

Just picked up a used RX6600 for well under $200. Card looks brand new, runs great. The 6600 was already a great value but this price made it a grab and go. I wish articles like this one would have a chart showing the ranking as the prices decrease. Like, the 6600 at $300 is a good value, but the 6600 at $160 is a mega super value, do not pass Go. Buy it! Not that I am bragging.

Just picked up a used RX6600 for well under $200. Card looks brand new, runs great. The 6600 was already a great value but this price made it a grab and go. I wish articles like this one would have a chart showing the ranking as the prices decrease. Like, the 6600 at $300 is a good value, but the 6600 at $160 is a mega super value, do not pass Go. Buy it! Not that I am bragging.
And let me add, this is the first Radeon I have ever owned. The last time I owned an ATI card was long before AMD bought the company. Want to say it was an ATI Rage 3D card. And it was awful. Moved to a GeForce 2 and I've been Nvidia ever since, although nearly all my CPUs have been AMD during this time.

So this RX6600 is a lot of totally new territory for me. It is running on a Ryzen system I just built which is the first one of those I have ever owned. My last AMD before this was an FX series.

Back