Geforce2 TI Xtasy problems in BF1942 & UT2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEEEELLLPPP PLZZZ!:( Gf2 .

I need help with my problem, ill try to be clear .. :(

The problem is that I have a geforce 2 ti xstasy 64mb ddr and I am running on windows xp, I have a athlon XP 1600 ~1.4 ghz processor I could play games like "quake 1" and counter stike...jkII. But when I recently tried to run bf1942 and it crashed on me... same goes for GTA3 and Americas Army...but now this thing rlly pissed me off :mad: ... I recently tried to run UT2k3 and this messaged poped up.

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2002-09-13_17.31]
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1405 MHz with 703MB RAM

Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 Ti (2942)
General protection fault!
History: FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- AxEmitter::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

--
p.s I installed my old vidcard..a 16mb tnt 2 card..and it worked well the only thing was that...it was choopppppy *** hell :dead:

plz plz plz help me :blackeye:

Updating your drivers should fix all, if not most of your problems. www.nvidia.com

Download the latest detonator drivers and you should be set.

By the way, there is no need for desperate pleas of HHHEEEELLLPP PLLLLLZZZ!.. So I am going to change your title to something more meaninful.

Rick do you get paid for this man? You write essays on every single post i sure hope you get paid haha.

:(

I've done that already....I've downlaoded every single driver...there is..well the xp ones..that also goes for the datonators..:(

Check out the UT2003 thread in the gaming forum.
Per Hansson posted some useful information there that should be of assistence to you:

The NVIDIA 40.41 drivers are known to have visual flaws and performance problems (hitching) with the Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo which are not present in the 30.82 drivers. The issue has been addressed by NVIDIA and future drivers released by NVIDIA will contain the appropriate fixes.
If you are currently running the 40.41 drivers please either downgrade to 30.82 or install newer drivers when available.

Originally posted by Nick
Rick do you get paid for this man? You write essays on every single post i sure hope you get paid haha.

No, but I do accept cheritable donations from generous people just like yourself, Nick. ;)

Markos: If you are indeed experiecing this problem with other games, it is likely to be caused by settings. Do you use any tweaking programs that may have changed your DirectX/OGL video settings? I might go as far as suggesting completely uninstalling your drivers and use an nvidia driver cleaner to remove all leftover components/settings that remain. Then install a fresh set of drivers...

You may also want to consider using leaked beta drivers, which are pretty easy to find on www.warp2search.net

Computers sure are a mixed bag of nuts. :rolleyes:

Somehow, even though they are supposed to say "Yes" and "No".. They throw in that occasional "maybe". ;)

Drivers?

Which leaked drivers should I concider downloading..I am btw a noobie when it comes to this sorta things :grinthumb.

Also I don't have any programs or oc things to make my settings better or what not. The only thing my puter(computer) is the videocard and the 30.82 nvidia 2000/xp drivers. I took your adviced and unninstalled the 40. something and reinstalled the 30.82.

I heard Ctrl-Alt_delete and closing all programmes u dont need sorts out alotta peoples crashs.
If u dont know what to close, list what is displayed.

tried

:( I've tried that already..still crashes...I'm getting pretty frustrated...My hammer is pretty near...sigh what shall I do!?

Have Geforce2 and BF1942 demo work now!

Hello. I installated BF1942 demo and when entering game after like 30 secondes the game always bugued. Even with minimal video setting ans sound disabled in game it bugued. It appears to be either a sound or video setting problem. I have red many forums and collected many think to try to fix this up. After two days of try...it work very well now!!! , I tried all this change in my computer in the same time preventing restarting multiplication so don't know which one resolved the bug but here is things you can try:

My systems:
Athlon thunderbird 1333 mHz
Epox 8kta3 motehrboard with via kt 133 bus
256 sdram memory
msi geforce2 mx/mx400 32 meg
creatives labs pci soudblaster 128 sound card
adsl internet connexion
running on windows 98
directx 9.0b

What i've tried:

1)Updated video driver for latest from nvidia and sound drivers.

2)In bf1942 go in settings folder and edit files videodefault.con. Change value of renderer.allowAllRefreshRates from 0 to 1.

3)Edit register (in windows type 'regedit' in start->run). Do a backup of your register before! In folder Local Machine/software/nvidia corporation/global/system add a new DWORD key (right click) named 'EnableVia4x' (more if your card support better 8x etc) and give value 1 and check hexadecimal.

4)In directx (in windows type 'dxdiag' in start->run). Change acceleration of your sound card to the second lower case 'base acceleration'.

5) If you have a VIA bus on your motherboard it appears that some problems can happens with your pci sound and create an infinite loops so I downloaded the beta 'PCI latency patch'
version 020 at http://www.georgebreese.com/net/software/#CREATIVE. Other infos links:
http://www.tecchannel.de/hardware/817/8.html
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=77

6) I installed Via 4 in 1 drivers.

Now work well even with my small geforce2 32 meg card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back