TechSpot

genius 5.1 ,soundmax4 and mic

By moira
Nov 19, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a new pc with genius 5.1 speakers and want to be able to use a headphones and mic set. I tried it into the jacks at the front of the midi tower,nothing.I had originally requested Soundblaster Live 5.1 but was told the onboard sound (Soundmax 4) was better.I really want to be able to easily change from speakers to headphones.Is this not possible with my setup ? Would SBlaster be the better option ??
    The PC company said they would put in the SB card if I wished,for no extra cost.
    Cheers
    Moira
  2. novicegamer

novicegamer TS Rookie Posts: 119

Are your front jacks hook up,and have you enabled your head phone in speaker set up ?
  3. moira

moira TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes thanks novicegamer but no joy ,maybe the front jacks aren't hooked up at all.
    In the soundmax help page it seems I have to have someone set up the front jacks.Under the diagram for 5.1 there,it seems I have to remove the middle speaker.
    http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMax/soundMaxSupportFAQ.html#question11
    I have tried options mentioned,looks like I might have to get a tech in to sort things out.I'm really surprised I have limitations on the 5.1 speaker system
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.