Get page fault BSOD when installing xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's computer has been blue screening on her for a few weeks, so I decided to put the xp disk in and do a repair, in case any system files have gone haywire.

Her system: P4 3 GHz, 1 gig ddr2 ram, Konroe Kentsfield FSB 1066 FSB Quad Core motherboard (Asrock board), IDE HDD (primary with xp os), DVD burner (IDE primary slave), 160 GB Seagate SATA HDD

When I ran the repair, while relaoding system files, kept having problems loading various files, it would prompt me and I would have to hit enter for it to retry loading this file...but it continued.

Then once all the files were loaded and windows restarted and began installing...with about 39 minutes to go, a winodw pops up "Fatal error"..(can't remember exactly what else) click ok to view log files.

I then tried to install a fresh copy of xp to the SATA drive instead, I did a full format of it and then it loaded all the installation files fine until 98%, then I got another of the messages about a certain file it couldn't find, so I hit enter and it completed.

This time when the pc rebooted to begin the installation process, I get BSOD page fault in non paged area ...Stop 0x05 error

At a loss now for what to do...any help from ones with greater knowledge in this area than I is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back