Get paid to sell your personal data to companies with Handshake

By Shawn Knight
Sep 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, most companies make money by selling customer data. This can take place either by selling trends or surfing habits to interested parties or aggregating data into a bundle for marketing purposes. But now there’s a start-up...

Read more
  2. spencer

spencer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 204   +22

At least you can get paid for it... instead of having all your data stolen without your consent;I'd prefer it this way,although they can find some pretty crazy stuff from the type of statistics they gather from these types of research.
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,253   +459

This business model sounds vaguely familiar, I just can't put my finger on it...
  4. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 898   +98

*** holes selling my data and getting rich off of it, enough is enough, I want to sell my own data and get paid for it. Even $1000 a year would be better than the current, uh, nothing? Either that or let it get stolen and get nothing.
    dennis777 likes this.
  5. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,658   +57

Facebook wont let this happen they make to much money selling our data, did you know high schools sell your data?
  6. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

like he said.. $1000 to nothing. this is great :)
  7. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 574   +31

Yet, 'Handshake' is just another middle man...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.