Getac's rugged convertibles get Ivy Bridge, sunlight-readable screens

By Matthew
Dec 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Getac has updated two of its rugged convertible notebooks with more horsepower and functionality. In addition to receiving Intel's mobile Ivy Bridge chips, the V100 and V200 have been equipped with a new "QuadraClear" display technology that enables clear viewing...

Read more
  2. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 154   +23

Now all it needs is to contain an exoskeleton and you could be Iron Man.

And why would anyone go with the HDD.
  3. "And why would anyone go with the HDD"

Simple, because HDD offers higher capacity than and longer data lifetime than SSD.. oh, by the way, Getac offer SSD as an option.
  4. But its not painted millitary green
    so, its not get close enough to offerings from Corsair and Thermaltake
  5. The processors you listed here (Core i7-640UM and i5-560M) are not Ivy Bridge.
    Maybe the specs you listed are from the previous versions?
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,237   +335

Nonsense product. A well-rugged laptop today does not need to be a whole suit-case, like it was years back.

One would be better off getting a robust laptop/ultra-book + shock-damping (and water-resistant) case separately.
  7. "Nonsense product. A well-rugged laptop today does not need to be a whole suit-case, like it was years back."
    "One would be better off getting a robust laptop/ultra-book + shock-damping (and water-resistant) case separately."

--> it depends on what your needs anyway, it's military grade laptop..
  8. Jbucko

Jbucko Newcomer, in training Posts: 33

Had these at the last Airbase I was stationed at. We went through them pretty quite, the screens don't like wrenches being droped on them. They held up better than I would of guessed, the survive a drop from the wing tip of an A-10. Which was so cool, I kinda wanted to drop them on purpose. overall it was a nice product but the price tag on this suckers are insane. But if you are in an extreme setting they will not disapoint.
  9. This rugged laptop still doesn't have military-looks compared than Thermaltake Level 10 GT or Corsair C70 :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.