Getting 2 Xbox 360 pads to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

Hi, can anyone help, i just got a new Microsoft Xbox 360 controller and wireless recever for Windows(Im using Vista Ultimate 64). The controller works fine. My problem is that i cant seem to get my other Xbox 360 controller to work in conjunction. So i can play 2 player. I thought all i would have to do is press the xbox button on both controllers and the system would see both. but it only seems to see the new controller. Do i need 2 wireless recevers to use 2 game pads or can i make the recever see both?

I don't think the "ring of light" button holds the same functionality as it does on the console. You might be able to set it up with a 3rd-party app like LilyPad but I can't support that. Since the PC uses USB like the console, the buttons should work like on the 360 but it doesn't. On PC, pressing the center button brings up the "Games for Windows LIVE" window. As for the receiver, I only have a corded one so I can't provide any information on that.

You need to resync the controllers to the wireless receiver. If you go to use them on your 360 you'll have to resync them again.

Ok how do i sync them so the pc wireless recever will see both controllers? On the 360 all i do is hold in the middle xbox button on the controllers sync automaticly.

Press the small white button on the controller
20856927174498947c05da5.jpg

Then press the button on the usb adaptor
xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver.jpg

That should sync it up. You'll have to re-sync them to the 360 if you want to use it with it again.

Need some more help please? When i press the small reset button on the controller that came with the Microsoft Wireless Recever it syncs with the recever fine(defaults to the 1st position in the ring). However when i press the small reset button on my other Xbox 360 controller(The 1 that came with my Xbox 360) and try and sync it with the Microsoft Wireless Recever it refuses to sync and green light just runs around and around the ring. Do i need 1 Recever per controller perhaps? Are Xbox 360 wireless controllers(That came with a console) compatable with the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Recever for Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back