Getting a new Computer for gaming 1500 to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadeye207

Ok so I am finally getting a new computer for gaming, as well as an all around machine ive got about 1500 and I dont really know what to get I dont suck with computers I just dont know what I should have and whats not worth getting. This is my first upgrade it dosnt have to be a top of the line monster but I would like it to last for a few years. This is what I have picked out I havent bought anything yet.

My Components
Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium w/ Digital Cable Support SP1
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
320GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
No Monitor
nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer (D) Sound Card
No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Dell USB Keyboard
Dell Optical USB Mouse
No Floppy Drive or Media Reader Included
No Modem Requested

I am kinda a newbie when it comes to compter parts so any help would be awesome.

Do you know anyone who can build you a system? With that amount of $ you can build yourself one fine gaming PC.

Yeah this was priced at about 1469 at dell so id like to spend about 1000 ideally I do know some one who could build a pc do you have any suggestions for what I should get?

Cant reply

I cant reply to PM's so here is my reply.

I am in the USA ohio the only parts I dont need are speakers. This is going to be a full system ideally Id like to be able to run games like crysis and fry cry 2 at full specs. again my budget is about 1000-1500. Thanks for all your help

I don't know why they make it so you have to post more. Doesn't really make sense.

And how much do you have so far? How much does everything you have so far cost?
You probably already know this, but sound cards can possibly increase sound quality, but if the motherboard already has onboard audio, then it might not be necessary, unless for some reason the onboard is bad, which I haven't really heard of.

I don't really know much about processors, but I've heard dual cores are generally better for gaming, while quad is good for media. Quad would still be good for gaming, but not all games are optimized for quad cores.

4GB of RAM and an 8800GT should be fine, I have an 8800GT and 2GB RAM and it runs Crysis on high, I don't have Vista (even though there seems to be hack unlocking very high settings for XP), so I can't tell you how it would do on highest settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back