Resolved Getting redirected from Google results... very annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I've noticed this problem for a few days now. I keep on getting redirected to 'search' pages when I click on result links in google. I read a couple of other threads and noticed people with the same problem use HijackThis to help solve the issue. I would rather NOT reformat my system, since I had to reformat it twice about a month ago.

Attached is the log created by HJT.

I am leaving for school right now, so I won't be able to take action right away, but any help will greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• hijackthis07-29-10.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
Actually, we don't use HijackThis to solve this problem. You do have malware that will need to be removed, but I require more information:

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

"Usually" a redirect doesn't mean a reformat, but it will depend on what is doing the 'redirecting.'

Please paste the logs in the reply. If you can't fit one in a single reply, split it. It is a big time saver for the helpers when we can do any searches directly from out browser instead of having to copy and paste.

Thanks for the reply Bobbye.

While at school I was thinking on the best solution for this issue.
I'm rather sick of having to reformat my hard drive, but I've come to realize that a fresh re-install would be best, since I rather just start out from scratch. My work depends on me having a working, reliable system, since I need to run programs like Adobe CS5 and such.

Again, thank you for your time and reply. If I run into other problems about my system, I am sure to come here for help.

Great day to you.

The very best thing you could do for yourself and your system is run the programs and have the logs checked. Doing a reformat/reinstall for a redirect when you haven't even identified the cause is ridiculous!

For example: one malware infection that can cause the problem requires a DNS flush and router reset. You could get reinstalled and still not be fixed!

It is not good to just throw it all out because you don't have the patience to troubleshoot. However, at you request, I am closing this thread.

Closing thread at member's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back