GF4 MX420 vs GF2 Ti (both with 64MB) Which one to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'm about to upgade my PC and I need some help to chose one of 2 vga's.The 1st is GF4 MX420 64MB win 2,7Gb/s memory bandwith.The 2nd ins GF2 Ti 64MB with 6,4GB/s.Both have the same prize (94 EYRO).I have to choose better chipset or better memory bandwith?In both cases where do I get the best performance? Any comment or suggetion acceptable. Thank you.

I think it has been covered a hundred or so times at least... The MX series of cards are budget cards, supposed to be a "value" card but it isn't even much of that because some of the older cards outperform them and run around the same price.

I think this one is actually a difficult question to answer. The two cards you are comparing have distinct advantages over each other depending on what game/app you're running. What do you intend to do with this? Which games do you play? OpenGL or D3D? Which game engines do you prefer? Take a look at that Tom's VGA board and compare some things (as closely as you can) that relate to the games you like to play.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back