GF4 Ti4200 128mb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Svabo

Hi
I have problems with my Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 128mb. Problems is that it doesnt score in 3dmark2001se as much as it should (my score is 8734 and shuld be 11000). I have turn off all AA and AS filthering, vsync, set benchmark to default. Drivers r nevest 44.03 and all is on XP system on nforce2 board...
Help?

I wouldn't expect 11000 marks for a Ti4200, I only get 11530 on my Ti4600, and bare in mind I usually don't close all programs in the background.

Are all of your mobo drivers up to date? Performance can sometimes be gained with up to date mobo drivers.

What programs do you have running in the background? Not closing unnecessary ones can lead to performance loss and lower 3DMark score.

Is your video card overclocked? I have heard on a few occasions that overclocked video cards can perform better in games but get lower scores in benchmarking programs, so you might want to set your video card back to standard clocks for the benchmark.

I suppose that the same could be said about your processor, if that is overclocked, you might want to set it back to standard clocks as 3DMark benchmarks are reasonably processor dependant.

I hope you find the source of your performance loss quickly, Good Luck :grinthumb !

The Reason why you do not get 11000, is likely to be your CPU Speed. You only have an XP2200, and although Futuremark don't like to admit it, their benchmarks are affected by CPU Speed. The 11000 figure was probably achieved using a higher spec chip, such as a 2600+ XP or 2.6Ghz P4.

Well, i think that problem is in my MB or in whole configuration...
I have major dificultes with Epox 8RDA3+. It wont work 200mhz fsb, on that conf. It crashes and claims that nv4_view.dll caused serius error (NOT)... I dont understand, how to set all together cause now everything works at half capacity! (by the way, BIOS is latest, from 7th this month)

don't feel bad not getting 200 FSB on the nF2, it's a hit and miss deal. I think you should get 11000 3DM if you're running anywhere near 190 FSB (which should be stable as far as the MB is concerned and with a lower multiplier but not low enough that you're not OCing the CPU (and not higher than your CPU will run stable at). Lower multipliers from the standard setting should function on your board and CPU. Lower memory latencies after your OC and if you can run stable then you'll gain some more marks. and if you have instability at any step of increasing your OCs try bumping up the voltage for CPU and RAM. If you can isolate which one helps then back the other down again and keep stepping the speed up and testing for stability. Slow and steady over a few days. Remember summer is upon us so you won't get the speeds you can in winter.

Are you OCing the Vid Card, too? A nice tool for enabling that and other features, like forcing Sideband Addressing and such, is RivaTuner. SBA should add 100 marks. OCing the vid card should add 1000-2000 marks. If you can change your AGP bus clock you should be able to get another 100 marks by increasing it from 66 Mhz to 86 Mhz and still run stable.

I get 10500 3Dmarks on a GF3 and I'd expect to see close to that or even better out of your rig.

That's a typical crash when your FSB is too high

im so confused and annoyed by this 8RDA3+ board! It wont run stable even on 166fsb or 133 with memory on 150% (which makes memory to work on deafult 400mhz...)
ive tested board and ony time it doesnt get errors in memt86 test is 133fsb with default options...
ive managed to get 9700 on 3d mark in 166*11, 1.7v, memory on default (resulting 333mhz)... but comp altrough had only 59 errors in that test (it usually get fet tousand with fsb 200) it crashed in 3dgame...
only solution is to find someone with same conf like mine and that he tell me his exp. with configurating it...
and one thing, i dont want to OC card or comp, i just want them to work stable on default options (only OC can be fsb of CPU but setting it with multiplier to its default speed)

don't run your memory out of synch. Keep it at 100% and lower your CPU multiplier to raise the FSB. Better performance and works a lot more stable, and don't expect to run at 200...settle for 180-190.

Could be your Kingmax memory. Many have had trouble with it.

well, it wont work with fsb of 166mhz... i doubt that i would work with 180-190...
Yes, kingmax is probably problem... i'm gonna change it with samsung cause ppl say that it works with epox fine.... stupid me for not listening ppl first time and buying samsung in first place

and what about GF4? could system memory cause failure of graphic (nv4_view.dll)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back