TechSpot

GF4 Ti4200 temperature

By Ivan Svabo
Jun 18, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive bought Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 128mb. Now, it works fine, without problems but Ive tuched its passive cooler (which is over 2/3 of card) after hour or so, and it is so hot that i've almoust burned my self!!! that card's cooler had about 60-70°C!
    is that normal? card works fine!!!

and one thing, why i get result of 9700 at 3dmark 2001SE after turning all off (AA, AS & Vsync)?
    it says that i shuld get 11000!!!
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

They do run fairly hot. Maybe you need more airflow in your case to carry off the heat. I usually run positive air pressure. (More CFM on the fans in than on the exhaust fans out) I also like to pull the blank panel out of slot 1 to allow air to exhaust past the Video heatsinks and take some of the heat out there.
  3. Ivan Svabo

Ivan Svabo TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

i have casis open all the time and large fan blowing on all hardware. it helps with system and cpu temp (both down for about 5°C) but graphic card is still hot like hell.
    i managed to get 11439 on 3dmark, 439 better than usual ti4200 score :grinthumb but it is so high only when i turn of everything... i dont want everything turned off so my card would work fine :mad: , thats why ive bought Ti4200 so that i can play 3d games in 1024x768, 32bit, least 4x AA & 4x AS...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.