TechSpot

GF4 Ti4200

By destructo
Dec 25, 2002
  1. I recently purchased a GF4 ti4200 and i dont think its working as it should. I mainly play counter-strike and it sometimes drops to as low as 40 fps

im on a

p4 1.4 ghz
    512 ram
    winxp pro
    geforce4 ti4200 128mb
    tried newest drivers currently using 30.82

2. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,169   +176

Thats your processor and not your vid card. Excess poly-count is causing the chunk. Going from a GF1 DDR to a GF2 Ultra with an AXP 1600+ gave me no better min framerate regardless of how low I set the resolution (which tells you the CPU is the problem).

3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

A P4 @ 1.4Ghz would run like a AthlonXP @ 1Ghz....AMD Baby:rolleyes: <(DUH)Only the best...

4. destructo

destructo TS Rookie Topic Starter

lol aight hten its a funky dell peice of shot too D: /me saves :[

5. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

Destructo dont use that type of language here, its not permitted, and further more not needed, perhaps you ought to go back and read the terms of agreement you accepted when you signed up.

6. ---agissi---

vassil, i think you should be quiet on that note. Your not a mod. or anything....if you have problemes, just ask him not to use the language. If hes doing "bad" just, just sit back and the mods will leave him a PM. Or worse ban him......not on first occiosion though(I'd hope not).

7. vassil3427

agassi, I was merely making an example of him, what if someone came to this website and saw that cursing, they may think we allow that here, and then they may not want to come back. Non of the moderators are on right now, and therefore as a good Techspot member I feel it my duty to enforce the rules too

8. ---agissi---

OK - I can understand that...and just so you know, I wasnt trying to "bash" on you or anything....
    laterz

9. destructo

destructo TS Rookie Topic Starter

D: sorry

10. ---agissi---

dont worry, just try to avoid that stuff later on...

11. vassil3427

Yeah its ok, your still fully welcome here:)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.