TechSpot

GFX Card not being detected

By Tizer4492
Aug 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought this GFX card for a brand new PC I bought that had onboard.
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-064-OK

I have a PCI express port and inserted the graphics card yet my monitor will not start up with the PC when I turn it on (the light on the monitor which should turn green when the display shows stays orange and no display shows). I have checked the monitor cables, the graphics card connections and absolutely everything I can think but still it just won't work and the card is not being detected. I also tried to install the drivers with my monitor plugged into the onboard and it said 'no suitable hardware found for these drivers'.

Would appreciate some help.
    Thanks
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Nearly 15% of video graphics cards arrive partially defective. Call your tech support person for that card... or whatever you do in the UK.
  3. Tizer4492

Tizer4492 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well I looked on the box for a tech support number already and it seems the only one is in Japan...
  4. Tizer4492

Right, went to the sellers website and got a UK number. I will see what happens and post it up.
  5. Tizer4492

Result. Called them up and they have organised for a replacement to be sent out.
  6. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.