GFX shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutkas

HI!

I hope our lovely community can help me with this problem:

My GFX card (Radeon Sapphire X1950) started to do something awfully strange yesterday: as soon as I stress it for some time depending with what, then suddenly screen goes black and my monitor starts to look for input like when i switch off my computer, but fans continue to work, and it stays that way until i switch my computer off and on again(like some thermal protection?).

Recently I changed the cooler of the GFX card cause the stock Sapphire cooler was giving me worrying temperatures (exchanged it with Zalman's VF1000 so it shouldn't be temperature issue), i've also noticed that the crash occurs when the temperature goes around 65-70 C.

I've had this card about half a year and there's been no failures so far so i don't think it has anything to do with my PSU which is ca 1 year old (500W), and in addition i've updated all sorts of hardware drivers possible and it hasn't helped so far.

So if anyone has an idea what could be done about this, please post.

If you feel the issue may be result of poor thermal dissipation, do the obvious; increase airflow. Organize the wires inside of your case, introduce another fan or two to your PC (perhaps a PCI slot fan).

I assume you used thermal compound when you seated the new heatsink on the X1950 yes?

I don't think its the cause of overheating, poor thermal dissipation etc, cause all temperatures show normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back