Ghost Partation help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a problem. The issue is: I have an image with 2 partations on it (c and e). The machine I want to ghost to has 2 partations on it (c and e). I want the image to go to ONLY the 1st partation and not erease the 2nd. It currently ereases the 2nd partation in the target disk. I need the 2nd target partation for a backup image prior to ghosting the box. Any help out there?

You can also email me off-forum (preferred)

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Welcome to Techspot!
You do not state which version of Ghost you have, But you should be able to copy only the files you choose to the target partition C:\

Re:

I am using Ghost 8. I have tried to define this in mt autoexec.bat file ( f:\ghost.exe -clone,mode=load,SRC=F:\MYGHOSTIMAGE.GHO,dst=1:1 -SURE -FX -NTIL ) The dst=1:1 should define the partations as disk1, partation 1. Still stumped am I!!!

I have little experience with Ghost commandline ,I have been using Drive Image for a long time.
However If I understand what you are trying to do ,it looks like you should try the "Mode=pload" command this is for 'file to Partition'
or "Mode=pcopy" this is for ' disk to Partition'
Also this command forces Partition 2 into partition 1 " ,dst=2:1"
If you do not have a manual you can type "ghostpe.exe -h (or) -?" for explanation of commands.
I do not know if you can copy files seperately if you do not use Ghost explorer in GUI.
Did you try using the GUI instead of commandline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back