TechSpot

Ghost Partation help

By Douger999
Jul 27, 2005
  1. Hi,

I have a problem. The issue is: I have an image with 2 partations on it (c and e). The machine I want to ghost to has 2 partations on it (c and e). I want the image to go to ONLY the 1st partation and not erease the 2nd. It currently ereases the 2nd partation in the target disk. I need the 2nd target partation for a backup image prior to ghosting the box. Any help out there?

You can also email me off-forum (preferred)

Thanks in advance,

Doug

2. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

Welcome to Techspot!
    You do not state which version of Ghost you have, But you should be able to copy only the files you choose to the target partition C:\

3. Douger999

Douger999 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Re:

I am using Ghost 8. I have tried to define this in mt autoexec.bat file ( f:\ghost.exe -clone,mode=load,SRC=F:\MYGHOSTIMAGE.GHO,dst=1:1 -SURE -FX -NTIL ) The dst=1:1 should define the partations as disk1, partation 1. Still stumped am I!!!

4. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

I have little experience with Ghost commandline ,I have been using Drive Image for a long time.
    However If I understand what you are trying to do ,it looks like you should try the "Mode=pload" command this is for 'file to Partition'
    or "Mode=pcopy" this is for ' disk to Partition'
    Also this command forces Partition 2 into partition 1 " ,dst=2:1"
    If you do not have a manual you can type "ghostpe.exe -h (or) -?" for explanation of commands.
    I do not know if you can copy files seperately if you do not use Ghost explorer in GUI.
    Did you try using the GUI instead of commandline ?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.