Gmail.com no longer loads in web browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nginmyheart

Hi,

This morning www.gmail.com would no longer load for me on my work computer. It was working fine in the morning and stopped somewhere after 10a. Our work uses gmail so I know it wasn't blocked intentionally. It does not seem to load in IE 8 or Firefox 3.5.3. I also just downloaded Google Chrome and it would not load there either.

The weird part is that my co-workers computer is able to load Gmail. I've tried re-setting the router. I've done a clear cache, and also a friend suggested I do this through the command prompt which I did.

I also called RCN (our cable service provider) and they had me do a winsock reset via command prompt but that did not fix the problem. They said they couldn't help me trouble shoot any further.

I have AVS Antivirus 8.5.421 installed and didn't see anything being "blocked" under advanced settings.

Can anyone help me fix this? Many thanks in advance...

It's an RCN problem. I have RCN home service and can't connect to gmail either. When i called RCN i had to argue the facts with the first 3 people till i got a tech who knew what he's talking about.

And he confirmed it's their problem and they're working on it

Hey! Thanks for confirming that. I am in Chicago too and it was bugging me ALL day that MY computer couldn't access gmail... but all the other computers in the office could. Our company wouldn't block gmail because that's what we use for email.

I got so frustrated to the point where I thought a windows repair would work... but it did not.

Anyway, what did you tell RCN so that I can call again tomorrow and tell them the same?

Thanks in advance---

1) Talk to tech support (vs. customer service)
2) I'm told there is a problem report on file now. So they should check
3) i'll post as well when it's back or i know more

I just got off the phone with RCN... they had me change the DNS numbers? But about 10 seconds before they had me do that, Gmail started to load again anyway, but the tech said that it was still picking up the wrong DNS numbers so he had me change it... but it works now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back