Gmail (Surprisingly) NOT Working with FireFox V1.0...Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using FireFox V1.0, and am having trouble logging into Gmail. I am able to login and access my email on Opera, and IE, however I only have this problem when using FireFox (A Major bummer, because this is my favorite software so far out of the three). When I enter in my user/pass, I receive the 'Google Account' window, giving me the message that "Your session has expired. Please sign in again". I am perplexed as to why this is happening, can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just for anyone else having this problem, I found that clearing the Cache in FireFox did the trick.

MODERATORS, feel free to delete this post if you so desire.

I am using firefox from mozilla and it works ok with gmail I think you may have done something to it or you may have to reinstall it after you have deleted it all from ya pc

But gmail does have another box if ya look under the password box that it does allow it to remember the password for 2 weeks

QuickQuestion said:
EDIT: Just for anyone else having this problem, I found that clearing the Cache in FireFox did the trick.

MODERATORS, feel free to delete this post if you so desire.

pretty annoying, i got this false problem from Google news. i think there're are now tonz of people out there reading about this false issue, not reading the article completely :(

Google news said:
Gmail (Surprisingly) NOT Working with FireFox
TechSpot - USA
I am using FireFox V1.0, and am having trouble logging into Gmail. I am able to login and access my email on Opera, and IE, however ...

I am using FireFox V1.0, and am having trouble logging into Gmail. I am able to login and access my email on Opera, and IE, however ...
Since when was it possible to use Gmail with Opera ?

I found that I had to clear out just the cookies to get things to work :

Would seem the way to fix it is to go into your cookies (Tools->Option->Privacy->Cookies->View cookies) and kill all the google cookies. Then try logging in again, and all should be well. Seems an errant cookie can sometimes end up in your cookie jar which confuses gmail.

(more info at my blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back