Gmail (Surprisingly) NOT Working with FireFox V1.0...Help

By QuickQuestion
Nov 27, 2004
  1. I am using FireFox V1.0, and am having trouble logging into Gmail. I am able to login and access my email on Opera, and IE, however I only have this problem when using FireFox (A Major bummer, because this is my favorite software so far out of the three). When I enter in my user/pass, I receive the 'Google Account' window, giving me the message that "Your session has expired. Please sign in again". I am perplexed as to why this is happening, can anyone help me out?

EDIT: Just for anyone else having this problem, I found that clearing the Cache in FireFox did the trick.

MODERATORS, feel free to delete this post if you so desire.
  2. sue_sue

sue_sue TS Rookie

I am using firefox from mozilla and it works ok with gmail I think you may have done something to it or you may have to reinstall it after you have deleted it all from ya pc

But gmail does have another box if ya look under the password box that it does allow it to remember the password for 2 weeks
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

sue i think the problem has been solved! lol
  4. sathia

sathia TS Rookie

pretty annoying, i got this false problem from Google news. i think there're are now tonz of people out there reading about this false issue, not reading the article completely :(

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Since when was it possible to use Gmail with Opera ?
  6. M4GIC1

M4GIC1 TS Rookie

7. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

Shhhh, don't tell SNGX1275 or he'll be insufferable. :p
  8. TheMoog

TheMoog TS Rookie

I found that I had to clear out just the cookies to get things to work :

(more info at my blog)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.