Go Google/adwordsonline virus, desperate for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would like us to check for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removl thread HERE.

When you have finished, please leave the logs for review.

Although we don't "screen" with HijackThis, I did take a look and found the following:

You are using 2 antivirus programs: McAfee and Avast. This actually makes a system more vulnerable and slows it down. Please remove one of the AV programs.

You are using BitTorrent. This is a file sharing program. As long as you are participating in file sharing, you will get malware.
P2P or 'file sharing' Warning:
Note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. I suggest that you uninstall BitTorrent for the following reasons:
  • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
  • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
  • Fie sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
  • The 'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
  • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.

Please read the information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

You are using the NeftyLauncher Active X Control which is know to have vulnerabilities.

I'll know more after seeing the logs. But this may give you some idea of computer practices that usually cause malware infeections.

Logs and File Sharing

Alright, so I attached the logs for DDS and Malwarebytes. I was going to post up GMER, but unfortunately the scan did not complete, as I had to turn the internet back on due to other people having need for the internet.
About the BiTorrent, I've only used it about once, and I deleted it a few weeks to a month ago. I'm not sure why it still turns up in the scans, but this seems to be the case with many of the programs/files I delete through add/remove programs.
Well thanks for the reply and I hope these logs can help. I plan on running GMER sometime tomorrow, and I'll post that log up soon as well.

Attachments

• DDS.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-06-17 (18-41-06).txt
    892 bytes · Views: 2
Well, I'm a little confused! You went in and edited your post and the reply #3 is not clear.

Do you need to continue? IF so, there is another part to the DDS log named Attach.txt. I need that and GMER- or give me a more clear notice that you are through or want to continue.

Your still have the 2 antivirus programs running as well as BitTorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back