TechSpot

Good Video Card For WoW (desktop)

By Kainan14
Jan 20, 2008
  1. Need a good video card for a custom comp, with like a 2006 Motherboard, fairly new, runs decent, updating memory ram from 512 - 2GB. Just need a good video card that would work well with World Of Warcraft.

ALSO - I have a pretty old ****ty modem, and was wondering if i got a newer one if my internet would run quicker?

2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

the actually model of the motherboard is imprortant, as people posting suggestions need to know what type (AGP, PCIe, etc.)

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

An 8600GT would run WoW very well.
    As for your internet speed, it would help more if you got a faster internet connection instead.

4. Kainan14

Kainan14 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I got BELL Highspeed, but when i run a speed test it says only 2100 out of 3000...So they opened a ticket on my line and are checking it out, and ill go check what type on motherboard.

5. Kainan14

Kainan14 TS Rookie Topic Starter

My Motherboard is... ASROCK Intel-VIA Series Verson 1vE10B

6. kyleb05

kyleb05 TS Rookie Posts: 41

WOW does not require a amazing system but the recommended specs from the box show

1GB ram amd 1500 or intel equ
    64 MB video card such as a GEforce 5700

but I use a 8500 gt 512mb card and the only game that pused back so far was crysis

and if you are new to the game and need a realm suggestion let me know

have a good 1

7. xXxZxXx

xXxZxXx TS Rookie Posts: 77

Well are you wanting one to just meet the requirements of World Of Warcraft, or are you wanting to play some of the newer games also. We also need to know what kind of slots your motherboard has. ( PCI, AGP, PCI-E )

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.