TechSpot

Google announces Pixel-inspired HP Chromebook 11 for $279

By Jos
Oct 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google and HP have added a new member to the Chromebook family. Announced at an event in New York City this morning, the HP Chromebook 11 takes a few design cues from the Chromebook Pixel but at a much more...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +901

Cool commercial. I may look into one of these.
  3. It sounds like a really nice thing! But I don't like the commercial.
  4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I was wondering why it took so long before they used an ARM processor... not like it needed to be backward compat with Windows apps...

Moreover, if sticking with x86, I'm confused why there are no AMD based models, for integrated video and GPU performance is pretty much the most important aspect of the features... not to ignore battery life. But the primary concern should be running Internet and local video without ever skipping a beat.
  5. ajm123

ajm123 TS Rookie

The samsung chromebook has the same processor though.
  6. ajm123

ajm123 TS Rookie

Going to sell my samsung chromebook and pay the rest for this one. Same specs but I really like the look of this one. Kind of lame of me but the "speed bump" on my samsung really bugs me.
  7. Beware, the Exynos processor is SLOW, I had the Samsung ARM XE303 and the speed of it drived me crazy. I ended up getting a refund.
  8. Chis2k

Chis2k TS Rookie

Aww...why did they not include a USB 3.0 port like the Samsung one has? I would love one to travel with and use as a bridge to move photos from my camera to a USB 3.0 Pocket drive.
  9. waterytowers

waterytowers TS Rookie Posts: 85

Pixel inpsired without the high res screen which defined the pixel??
  10. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +901

Yeah I was confused.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.