TechSpot

Google Earth lets you fly around the globe with new Leap Motion support

By Jos
Apr 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Adding to its short but growing list of high profile tie-ups ahead of launch, Leap Motion announced today that the latest desktop version of Google Earth will include native support for its gesture control device. The news come just in...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,355   +402

I can see how this could be useful in various types of business meetings. Imagine you'd need a pretty stout computer (with graphics card) to make it run as smoothly as this video shows though.

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

Good to see large companies supporting Leap.
    You can switch between OpenGL and DirectX in Google Earth so I bet one would be smooth like that. I have a dedicated GPU and my Google Earth doesnt run that smoothly. Considering it is a All-in-one, I wont be surprised if it is Intel HD 4000.

4. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 580   +98

Google probably invested more time on this then a year full of support for Google Reader. Don't trust them to stick with this either.

5. kuddus40

kuddus40 TS Rookie

I hope they will support lower version of operating systems also because we here in Bangladesh can not afford high quality line as well as super speedy machines, let us surf the net faster than ever before.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.