Google links are being redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Internet Explorer, when I enter a search on google it displays the results; in some occasions I have been redirected to other sites that have nothing to do with what I’m searching for. The only protection I have is Kaspersky Anti-Virus but it has not been able to fix the problem. I have read the 15 instructions that have been provided and I have attached the txt files that have been asked for. Also, the result for the AVG Antirootkit scan was clean, nothing was found.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 6
should I keep the Spybot & AVG Anti-spyware running on my computer from now on.

It would be advisable. And download a free antivirus program, but don't run all these programs at the same time, as they could conflict with each other and slow system down.

If you notice your system slow at start up, then go start/run and type in "msconfig" and select start up tab.

You may want to download this avast! 4 Home Edition, which is free.

Regards Jase :) :wave:

If I already have Kaspersky Anti-Virus do you recomend to download the free anti-virus. If not should I leave Kaspersky Anti-Virus & AVG Anti-Spyware running together. Or just one of those programs.

If you have Kaspersky then keep that as it is a good anti-virus program.

should I leave Kaspersky Anti-Virus & AVG Anti-Spyware running together

No! Just use AVG Antispyware daily. I would advise to get either Zone Alarm from here
or Comodo from here.

Then keep one of them firewalls running and they will block any security risks.
Also run your kaspersky Antivirus on a daily basis.

Regards Jase :)

This thread is for the use of Ms89 only. Please do not post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back