Google Play only downloads over WiFi

hellokitty[hk]

Hello,

If I try to download an app over my data connection, it pops up with a warning, this app is large, etc, etc... only download over wifi? And I uncheck only download over wifi, and click continue install or something.
The install starts but never finishes; it's always in progress.

Over wifi there is no problem.

I'm using a Mi2s with latest the MIUI version and latest google play AFAIK.

Thanks for reading.

Apps above 50mb cannot be downloaded over data (at least on iOS) since it would put a lot of strain on the cellular data connection. Not sure if it is the same with Android, but I would expect that to be so. It is most likely a glitch with the OS. I would maybe head over to an Android-centric forum like Android Central if no one here can help you.

In my S4 running Android 4.3, System Settings > Connections tab > Data Usage. Then scroll down to Google Play Store. Tapping on it gives the attached screen. Is that what you unchecked? Btw, I've got Google Play 4.9.13.

Screenshot_2014-09-01-10-46-55 (Small).png

The apps were only a few megabytes...
I checked that data is enabled for Google play.
Aside from that I can search for apps on Google play on mobile data anyway.

There's also a global setting for restricting background data. But probably not what's causing your problem, since you aren't restricting background data. Are you experiencing this all the time or toward the end of you billing cycle, and you happened to be close to your data plan allowance? Thinking perhaps a setting for limiting mobile data is inadvertently turned on?

No the global setting is off as well.
No I don't have any limits on my data and normal internet browsing works fine as well.
And yea it happens all the time a afaik.

Weird, what if you download the same app(s) via Amazon? I wonder if you'll encounter the same problem?

Sounds like the Google Play services framework issue and/or play store issue. I'd hope on over to XDA or somewhere and try different versions, if you haven't already cleared data/cache on both of those apps.

I have a google supported Hott android tablet that I had downloaded google play yesterday but I had to reset the tablet and now I can't download google play because I keep getting a message that the browser won't support downloading google play. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

I have a google supported Hott android tablet that I had downloaded google play yesterday but I had to reset the tablet and now I can't download google play because I keep getting a message that the browser won't support downloading google play. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Were you trying to download the apk file w/ a browser on the tablet? Have you tried different browser? I've tried it w/ Boat browser and Firefox, both worked. The other option would be to download the apk file using desktop/laptop, copy that to micro SD card, assuming your tablet has a micro SD card slot, and install it onto the tablet.

Back