Google Redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

apcoeng

My google has got hijacked. attached is Hijack this results. HELP!!! Any other tweeks would be helpful also. I am about fed up with norton 360. looking for suggestion on replacement would also be appreciated.

i suggest you get rid of norton 360 and start using the recommended anti-virus programmes:
1. avast!
2. avira

then proceed with the 8 steps posted in the forum here step by step. it's best if you download all the programmes and then update them and then proceed to safe mode to carry out the procedures. then attach your logs from SAS, MBAM and hijackthis here. hope this helps. if the problems still persists, you'll need to use sdfix and combofix where you will be guided by someone more experienced here in techspot. :)

Having trouble with 8 steps

I started going through steps, malware will not run. i am including scan results for what i can. Please help this is very annoying.

did you get rid of all the threats in super anti spyware? as for your hijackthis log, i'm not sure about it since i only know the basics on what to do by following the 8 steps which helped me the last time. but if you search through the past threads, there are loads of people having the same google redirecting problem as you and their malware not working. it's worth while going through the older posts by other members as well to see what has been done. :)

Got all the logs now

I started computer in safe mode and got malware log. Enclosed is all the logs please help. I haven't checked to see if i still have problem. Please look and see if there is anything i can do. Any suggestion on Norton 360 replacement would be appreciated also. I am considering using AVG. Is it worth using or is there a better option. Thanks.

We´ll deal with replacement of Norton 360 when your computer are clean - Ok ? ;)

As it looks like you still have a rootkit infektion ->

Please download combofix here -> https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html

Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to something like 123.exe to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

working great, how does this happen. i don't download hardly anything from internet. How about that antivirus help.

That´s good news :)

To tell the truth - I´m not sure how it happens, it could be clicking on a (wrong) link, or visiting an "innocent" looking side.

We recommend Avira or Avast Antivirus.

Download Avira Free AntiVirus, from here ->
Avira

Or: Avast

Save the installations file to desktop, don´t install it now.

Download the Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT) to your Desktop.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
Once downloaded please close ALL open browsers, also save any work because this may require a restart.

Go to your desktop and double click on the removal tool and then click Setup.
Once open Click Next
Accept the license agreement and click Next
Type in the letters/numbers that you see into the text box then click Next.
Then click Next and the tool will start running.
Once finished restart the PC and run the tool again to ensure everything has been removed.
Delete Nortonremoval tool from your Desktop.

Restart

Install the antivirus program you have choosen.

Then, please attach fresh hujackthis log, for a final check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back