TechSpot

Google/search engine redirect problem

By counter
Dec 30, 2009
  1. Hello Techspot,
    Since a couple of days ago, I started to get redirected to random websites/searches every single time I click on a search engine's (google/yahoo) search link. (happens w/ all my browser e.g. firefox, chrome, etc)

I've tried scanning the computer with multiple anti spyware programs such as spybot, Spyware doctor, trojan remover, Lavasoft ad-aware, Gooredfix, Bazooka -- all of which yields no result. I still end up with the redirect every single time I click on a google search link

I am currently using a Windows XP profession Service pack 3. I have a Mcafee antivirus and firewall with which I have used to scan the computer as well (and also disable during the HJT process)

I have done the 8-steps Malware Preliminary Removal and am still getting the redirect.

I understand that there are a lot of people out there with similar problems that needs to be helped as well. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Run the ESET On-Line Scanner:
    On-Line Scanner

Let us know what it finds

3. counter

counter TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi, I tried running the online scanner and it did not find anything.

What should I do next?

4. counter

Btw, here's the log file for the Eset online scan.

5. counter

I have tried to re-install all my browsers (IE, firefox, and chrome) as well.

Its futile, I still get the same re-directing issue on my browsers =/

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Reinstalling the browers will not do anything to solve your redirecting. You are infected with a Trojan virus. Try this cleaner:
    Trojan Remover

7. counter

Thanks for the reply Tmagic. As mentioned in my initial post, I did try to use trojan remover, and cleaned everything it detected on my system.

However, I still have the google redirect problem even after I do so.

Please advise on further steps

8. counter

Help anybody? =(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.