Google Search Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyDee

So I did a search and am currently following your removal instructions. Here are the logs I have got so far.

I'll upload the others in the morning as I waited over an hour for that one to finish.

I don't know how fa you have gone with your scans, but the Malware log you posted needs a re-run.
All issues show "no action taken"; after the scan, you need to select to fix all issues to finish properly.

I can see a lot of Trojan in your log. If you don't get your problem fixes, try A-Squared to scan for trojans.

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

And I suggest you scan your pc with an online scanner such as kaspersky's,eset's or bitdefender's.

P.S A-Squared may find software which it classifies as Riskware,but not actually Malware. It is not necessary to remove them.

Thanks for your replies. I believe I fixed the issues but I'll run it again overnight just in case. It was about 1.30am so I can't be sure!

What I'd like to know, if any of you know, is why did McAfee not protect me from these? I have McAfee Total protection running which updates automatically. Occasionally I'll run a manual update just to check too!

I have used McAfee before, then i uninstalled it after some time. I never wanted to install it again. It is so weak. I suggest Kaspersky or Nod32 for best protection.

If you want free service you can try this combination:

AVG free Antivirus,
Comodo Firewall/ ZoneAlarm Firewall
Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Its a very good combination, should protect you from almost anything.

P.S You might also consider using windows Firewall if you want to have the least troublesome firewall. Its effective as long as you don't open many ports or create many exceptions.

I've heard soe of the big AV software can be pretty heavy for your normal user laptop and PC too. Using the combination you suggested, will it slow down the laptop anymore or less than McAfee did do you think?

What are your laptop specs? This combination is not resource consuming but make sure you don't use TeaTimer with spybot. It will use up resources.

Thats a good system. You can use kaspersky orNOD32 or my combination without any problems.

Cool, I'll finish running the SuperAntiSpyware scan then uninstall Mcafee,run the CCleaner again then install what you recommend.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back