Ok, So over the last few days I have noticed my google searches have started getting ridiculously slow, and about half of them end up taking me to a search page where all the links actually point to something along the lines of "adwordsredirector.google.com", and if clicked they sit there for about 60 seconds, then go to the "Could not find server" error message. I have used the techspot forums before in finding helpful information about malware removal, but this is my first post. Please don't think I'm a complete noob (I actually wrote a utility to help remove Windows Police Pro when my wife got infected, see http://security.blogsite.org), I just don't have much experience with identifying browser hijacks unfortunately. Here's the situation so far: I run AVG 9 free edition. There is a scheduled task to check for updates every 2 hours so it is always up to date. Full scan runs daily. It has found nothing. Spybot search & Destroy found nothing. F-Secure Blacklight found nothing. MalwareBytes found a trojan.dropper in the first scan (logfile attached) and it was successfully removed. Then I followed the 8 steps Guide from Techspot. Here were my preliminary results: Antivirus: Again, using AVG free edition, nothing found. *Installed ZoneAlarm, then had to uninstall it due to NO internet connectivity (I told it to allow FireFox access, but it still froze on loading pages) Still using Windows XP OS firewall. Ran CCleaner twice. Even ran the registry cleaner to get rid of ZoneAlarm traces (uninstaller would NOT work, had to manually delete files/shortcuts) Turned off AVG Resident shield. Uninstalled eMule/Limewire (couldn't tell you the last time I used either of these programs anyway, so why keep them if they're such a security risk? Ran MalwareBytes for the second time after updating. Nothing found, logfile attached. Ran SuperAntiSpyware after updating. Nothing found, logfile attached. Java was already updated to the latest version (I'm pretty good at keeping everything up to date, though I did have to uninstall 1 previous version that was still present on the system) Ran HiJackThis, logfile attached. This is what I'm really not sure about what should or should not be there, so hopefully someone here can tell me if there is a problem and what it is. As of this time, I haven't noticed any search redirects (yet) this morning, but Google searches are still running EXTREMELY slow. I'm sure if I do enough searches, I'll still be getting redirects also, because it was on probably 1 out of every 3 or 4 searches on average that I was being redirected. If it helps, I'm running FireFox 3.6.3, which I have also noticed seems to crash quite a lot, sometimes with an error message, sometimes it just goes away as though I closed the program even though I didn't. Not sure if this is relevant, but thought I'd include it in case it was helpful. My logfiles are attached below, and I anxiously await your help! Thanks!