Google shows off new version of Android, announces 1 billion active monthly users

By Justin Kahn
Jun 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google has kicked off its I/O keynote showcasing the new version of Android with the L Developer Preview, a new set of software guidelines known as Android One and some pretty impressive active Android user stats.

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Ohh 1billion, apple will sue google now because apple patented active monthly users :/
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Now Android users have no right to say "iOS copied Android". They both steal equally as much.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

Google and Apple steal each others ideas... NO! ** shock & horror**
  5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +461

Yeah yeah patent troll yeah yeah.......

Amazing news for android users, hopefully we'll see less bloated phones in a no so distant future :p
    Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  6. wastedkill

or phones with 100 cores with a 1hr idle battery life because hey who would use a phone with 1month battery life quad core 2gb ram real optimized phone.
  7. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

Well at least they finally had sense enough to get help from people who actually know what they're doing.
  8. Kibaruk

Actually, my phone has a quad core proc clocked at 2,36ghz and a 5,2" IPS screen and it has been the most optimized phone I've had in terms of both performance and battery life.
  9. wastedkill

Do tell more young padawan.
  10. If you're implying Google is copying Apple with this new android version I'm afraid you'd be mistaken. Google has been moving towards flatter designs for years before Apple even revealed iOS 7. Not to mention: Microsoft also ventured into the flat aesthetic with both Windows Phone and Windows 8 before iOS 7.
  11. Have had nothing but problems with my Google Nexus 5. The WiFi range sucks, it can't connect with the settings common in many routers that all the iPhone users have 0 issues with, it can't make phone calls through WiFi anymore (Google killed that for everyone a month ago - way to go Google) , and Google support has been terrible. Just check the forums if you don't believe me. I now fully understand why iPhone users are so happy. Because they "just work" and Google's "just don't". :(
  12. Interesting, I've had a Nexus 5 for 3 months now and have not had any issues what so ever. Best and fastest phone I've ever used.
    And with android 5/L it can only get better
  13. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

No problems what so ever with my Nexus 5. Great speeds over 5Ghz wifi.
    If I need more wifi range I switch to 2.4Ghz which has a better range.
  14. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 805   +270

I don't like the navbar design. Other features seem fine, music and gallery look good although they are showing mostly social network features which I don't really care about. I wonder if there are any changes to launcher or settings.
  15. Kibaruk

How much is Apple paying nowadays for posts?
  16. Most iPhone users are blissfully ignorant and shouldn't even own a "smartphone". But then, you just proved that point.