Got virus and pc shuts down after logging on

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakeborder42

So i have a problem...

I was loading up Sony Vegas 8.0 and it asked me to download a couple programs that was a prerequisite for it to run. While downloading they both started to freeze up. All of a sudden my time clock switched to 24 hour time and right next to the time it said "virus alert!" My background changed to a graphic that told me i had spyware. Also there were 3 programs that popped up as an "aid to help" me get rid of all these different viruses.
Getting scared with all this happening i decided to do a hard boot and i shut my computer off. I logged back on to my account and the graphic and all those programs were still there. I was going to system restore to a previous point so i hit the start menu and there were about 6 programs there and no option for the more programs arrow. Then out of no where, my computer shut off and rebooted.

What can I do?

Those 8 steps require me to be logged on to windows, which i cant do because my computer keeps shutting down on me after a mere minute

Here's the best advice (now knowing this new information)

Remove the physical internal HardDrive
Mount it into another (working) computer as a Slave (I usually replace with the DVD Drive if it's and IDE connection)
Or use some type of external USB connector or something

Anyway, back up the HardDrive in that working computer
Then re-mount the physical HardDrive back into the original computer
Then install Windows from scratch (removing the partition and all)

That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back