GPU wisdom needed from those who may know.....

jerry1969

When we reviewed the GTX 1650 Super, we found it to be slower on average than the RX 580:

That said, there are probably some more recent games that will run better, due to it having more VRAM (8GB) than the 1650 Super (6GB), and a little more shader power. So it will come down to what resolution your monitor is and what type of games you play.

Edit: The RX 580 should fit inside the case well enough but it uses an 8-pin power connector, whereas the 1650 Super uses a 6-pin one. You'll need to make sure that the power supply has such a connector, if you're planning on going with the RX 580.

Oh, and if it was my money, I wouldn't bother with a cheap unknown-brand 580. I'd put more money into the purchase and get a Radeon RX 6600:

Much better than the 580 and 1650 Super, although it too needs an 8-pin power connector.

Last edited:
If you have two 6-pin cables, then yes -- that adapter will work fine. Note that if you only have one 6-pin cable coming from the power supply unit and you're going with the RX 580, then you're out of luck.

That particular graphics card will demand over 180 W of power at full load, and the maximum power that can be supplied by the motherboard slot and 6-pin power connector is 150 W.

Back