TechSpot

Grand Theft Auto V is 2013's best-selling video game

By Scorpus
Feb 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It probably won't come as a surprise to you, considering the sales success of the title, but Grand Theft Auto V is the best-selling video game of 2013. Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of GTA developer Rockstar Games, revealed this...

Read more

2. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TS Addict Posts: 414   +112

Nooooooo waaaaayyyyy :eek:

3. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 580   +98

They wouldn't need a PC version if I read this right (not saying they shouldn't make a port though) .

4. spencer

spencer TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +22

MAKE A PC VERSION DAMMIT;also if you do port it better than gta 4.

5. I'm a PC gamer, but a big GTA fan. I bought the PS3/GTA5 bundle, then I returned it after completing the game. I'll buy my permanent copy once it is released on PC.

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

...and I still know people who haven't played it.

It's a good game. I had a great time in the single player story-line with it. Online's been ok, but that's not what I look for in a game these days.

7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,263   +541

Your not a GTA fan if you did that. That's rude and disrespectful to game companies to buy something like a game then return it after completing it with a loop hole because its a console edition.

Indeed, I have alot of fun with the game in general after beating it just messing around or doing the side missions as each character. The online was rough and still does not have a full Heist system like was promised but its quite fun at times.

Im glad this game was the best selling of 2013 and not the rinse and repeat franchises like previously.

waqasr, St1ckM4n, davislane1 and 2 others like this.
  8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,336   +279

That's just selfish behavior. Many of the people of Walmart have this same mentality... get it from Walmart, use it for a little while (because that's all I need) and then return it and get my money back. I'm not defending Walmart but I am condemning that type of selfish behavior.

9. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,263   +541

Its especially concerning to me when it involves game companies because while some do not have as bad of problem with stuff like this there are some who struggle deeply even when making amazing games same with any product.

Some companies are exceptions of course, but in general this type of behavior hurts the market more than anything and I could not agree more with you because I see this all the time.

waqasr likes this.
  10. 32.5 millions?, and others big, and awesome, games doesn't reach 2 millions.

11. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 410   +38

I wouldn't have been surprised if it had broke $1B if they had released it for PC the same time. Even if they had to wait until 2014 to have the PC version running solid and did a simultaneous release on all platforms, they probably would have accomplished similar numbers except in 2014. I'm not an expert or anything but it seems reasonable.

12. bob333

bob333 TS Rookie Posts: 30

I haven't played GTA 5, im a PC gamer.

13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

I'm one of them and if it doesn't make it to PC it will remain so. I'm not wasting a penny on any console just to play games no matter how good they are.

14. bob333

bob333 TS Rookie Posts: 30

same here. I ain't gonna spend anything to buy console just to play GTA 5.

PC GTA 5 or no GTA 5.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.