Graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunnermicke

Hi. I have an Geforce 6200 AGP card i one of my computers. When a use it on the original computer there is no signal to the screen.. When i place the graphic card in a different computer it works just fine with no problem. So we know the card is not damaged, can it be the motherboard? or something else? RAM memory? All help is wellcome! How do i start troubleshooting this problem?

It is probably the power supply in the old computer. The GeForce 6200 requires a 300 watt power supply. Older comptuers tend to not have the power that it requires.

The computer is not so bad, it's a 2 ghz, (pentium 4 i think).. i got the PC from a friend so i don't know so much about it.. only that it's an 2 ghz with 512 RAM! ABIT motherboard, The power suply is at 340W MAX... so that's problaby not the problem. The other computer that it worked on is a 300W MAX... Any other sugestion? Im thinking that it might be the motherboard?

roadrunnermicke said:
The computer is not so bad, it's a 2 ghz, (pentium 4 i think).. i got the PC from a friend so i don't know so much about it.. only that it's an 2 ghz with 512 RAM! ABIT motherboard, The power suply is at 340W MAX... so that's problaby not the problem. The other computer that it worked on is a 300W MAX... Any other sugestion? Im thinking that it might be the motherboard?

I didn't mean it was a bad computer. It has better specs than mine (Pentium IV).

power supplies RAREly deliver their rated specs. Also output degrades over time. A 2 year old PSU puts out 15 to 35% less power than when it was new. This is because of capacitor aging.

PSUs also waste a lot of energy do to heat. So figure a 400W PSU is only putting out about 320W.

CPUs

Ok, so can I chance CPUs between the computers easily? I will put the CPU from the computer where it worked just fine in the computer where it didn't worked on. I wanna be sure that the CPU is the problem before i will buy a new! Will it be some problem to chance it?
Thanx for all help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back