Graphics Card driver problem "screen off"

I have a laptop I've changed its hard disk with another formated one and with Windows 7 64bit

When I first open the laptop evreything was ok

And then the windows download the drivers for the laptop then rebooted

After the reboot the screen go off after windows logo and I can hear the windows starting sound...
But the screen is off

The only way to get it back is to run the pc on save-mode then unistall the graphics card driver then reboot it and its run again using the integrated graphics card not my ati graphics card

Pls help me with this problem I was trying to fix it for a week now

"I have a laptop I've changed its hard disk with another formated one and with Windows 7 64bit "

Maker & model of laptop? Model GPU?
Did you do a fresh install of Windows 7?

"When I first open the laptop evreything was ok "

Does it POST? Can you reach CMOS setup?

"And then the windows download the drivers for the laptop then rebooted "

Is this a graphics driver from Microsoft Update? Does this happen entirely automatically or are you offered a choice? Can you do a SAFE mode boot and avoid this? Can you download and install correct driver from ATI, the GPU maker?

From the sound of it, It seems that he has taken a Hard Drive from another machine that had its drivers for that machine installed. When he installed the Hard Drive into the Laptop, It attempted to recover it's drivers for the machine it had been migrated to.
This can cause a lot of issues in the registry, and graphic card settings may be different between the two machines that the hard drive was installed.
Please let me know if I have correctly diagnosed what had happened & if you had migrated the hard drive form a different machine?

From the sound of it, It seems that he has taken a Hard Drive from another machine that had its drivers for that machine installed. When he installed the Hard Drive into the Laptop, It attempted to recover it's drivers for the machine it had been migrated to.
This can cause a lot of issues in the registry, and graphic card settings may be different between the two machines that the hard drive was installed.
Please let me know if I have correctly diagnosed what had happened & if you had migrated the hard drive form a different machine?

The hard drive I took I made format to it and install a new windows 7 version

Didn't just connected to the other laptop

Thanks for replaying :)

From reading on another forum, you have removed the hard drive from an older computer, & this is against Rules set by Microsoft. I would suggest you do a clean installed with a validated legal copy of Microsoft Windows 7. You can get a copy of the OS from Microsoft's website once you have submitted a valid Win 7 Key.

Back